Resource Center for the ACT
ACT Test Prep Resource Center
Flash Card Study Decks for the
ACT - Design & Benefits
Flash Card Deck Design and Development
In all of our study decks, we made a careful analysis of overall ACT exams,
including individual question types as well as distribution and quantity of those
question types. We then constructed typical questions for each card, placing the
sample question on the front side of the individual card. On the back side of
each card, we placed the correct answer as well as a clear and detailed explanation
of why it is the correct answer. In this explanation lies the unique value
of these cards when compared to all other ACT study aids. Our cards offer
a compact approach to exemplifying, explaining, and teaching the fundamental concepts,
structures, and techniques that students are expected to know on the ACT. Each
of our products represents a sound educational product which can significantly
improve a student's likelihood of obtaining a higher score on the ACT.
- Mathematics Study Package of Cards
- The Mathematics section of the ACT includes Standard Multiple Choice and
Quantitative Comparison questions. The math cards cover the fundamental concepts
expected in arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry and geometry. Questions cover
(but are not limited to) such important concepts as proportionality, distance
and speed, exponential operations, order of computation, averages, roots and
squares, angles, triangles, circles, areas, and volumes. The basic concepts
or formulas underlying each question are explained so that the student should
understand how to deal with all future questions that are of the demonstrated
type. Understanding each of these mathematics cards will be a giant step toward
understanding any future question that employs the same basic type of arithmetic,
algebraic, or geometric question.
- Vocabulary Study Package of Cards
- Thousands of vocabulary words seen on ACT tests were identified, counted,
and organized. The top 400 words specified by the author were then incorporated
into this important deck of study cards. Each card contains four key vocabulary
words on one side, with the other side of the card containing a definition,
part of speech, and sample sentence for each word. This set of fundamental
vocabulary words is probably the most important set of useful words that you
can learn or study, for real life as well as for this standardized test!
- Word Architecture as a Vocabulary Enhancement (WAVE) Study Package of
- This study deck includes 200 of the most useful and common English word
parts (prefixes, roots, and suffixes) on one side of each cad. The reverse
side of each card indicates what kind of word part it is. It also contains
a word part definition, and examples of words that use that word part (along
with definitions of these example vocabulary words). This means that the WAVE
deck includes not only the 200 parts but also 400 vocabulary words to augment
your English language studies.
Benefits of These Flash Card Decks
- 25% of the Purchase Price may be a Charitable Contribution, when purchased through your school, church, or other fund raising charity organization!
- Not one question/answer card duplicated in any of the decks.
- 100 (Mathematics) or 102 Flash Cards (Other decks) per individual study deck.
- Write on the cards. Personalize them. Put your calculations or thoughts on them.
- Questions and Answers to representative questions.
- Maximize your scores by following our many overall test tactics, as well as our individual section strategies.
- Use these cards to help your child prepare. Extend our included concepts and explanations to additional questions that you can more easily generate on your own, using our model cards.
- Use our cards in teacher-directed study, self-paced student study, or encourage pairs of students to test each other with the front/backs of our cards. You should also treat our concepts, techniques, explanations, and formulas as models for new study cards that can be easily generated by you on the fly.
Improve your answer selections with individual tips and techniques for these ACT Sections:
- Standard Multiple Choice
- Quantitative Comparison
All of these ACT pages are copyright © 2003 by Oakwood Publishing