Resource Center for the GRE
GRE Test Prep Resource Center
Flash Card Study Decks for the
GRE - Design & Benefits
Flash Card Deck Design and Development
In all of our study decks, we made a careful analysis of overall GRE exams, including individual question types as well as distribution and quantity of those question types. We then constructed typical questions for each card, placing the sample question on the front side of the individual card. On the back side of each card, we placed the correct answer as well as a clear and detailed explanation of why it is the correct answer. In this explanation lies the unique value of these cards when compared to all other
GRE study aids. Our cards offer a compact approach to exemplifying, explaining, and teaching the fundamental concepts, structures, and techniques that students are expected to know on the
GRE. Each of our products represents a sound educational product which can significantly improve a student's likelihood of obtaining a higher score on the
- Verbal Study Package of Cards
- We analyzed the nature of the sentence completion questions, and identified
the most common sentence types. We also analyzed the nature of the typical
analogy question asked, and identified the most common kinds of analogies
used. The common sentence completion questions include, but are not limited
in our cards, to cause and effect, definitions, contrast, and supporting clauses.
Each card presents a typical sentence completion question on the front, with
the correct answer and an explanation on the back. The typical analogy questions
include, but are not limited to, part-to-a-whole, definition, synonym, work-or-creation,
and example. Each card in this section presents the analogy question on the
front, with the correct answer and an explanation on the back. The Antonyms
section presents typical questions that rely on your choice of the most nearly
opposite word; our answers offer insights into techniques that will assist
you in this decision making. In all cases, the answer side offers much more
than just the answer, aiming to convey to the student the fundamental concept
or verbal skill that underlies the question in the first place. Understanding
each of these verbal question cards can be a giant step toward understanding
any future question that employs the same basic type of question, whether
sentence completion or analogy.
- Quantitative Study Package of Cards
- The Quantitative section of the GRE includes Standard Multiple Choice and
Quantitative Comparison questions. The math cards cover the fundamental concepts
expected in arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry and geometry. Questions cover
(but are not limited to) such important concepts as proportionality, distance
and speed, exponential operations, order of computation, averages, roots and
squares, angles, triangles, circles, areas, and volumes. The basic concepts
or formulas underlying each question are explained so that the student should
understand how to deal with all future questions that are of the demonstrated
type. Understanding each of these mathematics cards will be a giant step toward
understanding any future question that employs the same basic type of arithmetic,
algebraic, or geometric question.
- Vocabulary Study Package of Cards
- Using all verbal question sections as the source, thousands of vocabulary
words seen on GRE tests were identified, counted, and organized. The top 400
words specified by the author were then incorporated into this important deck
of study cards. Each card contains four key vocabulary words on one side,
with the other side of the card containing a definition, part of speech, and
sample sentence for each word. This set of fundamental vocabulary words is
probably the most important set of useful words that you can learn or study,
for real life as well as for this standardized test!
- Word Architecture as a Vocabulary Enhancement (WAVE) Study Package of
- This study deck includes 200 of the most useful and common English word
parts (prefixed, roots, and suffixes) on one side of each card. The reverse
side of each card indicates what kind of word part it is. It also contains
a word part definition, and examples of words that use that word part (along
with definitions of these example vocabulary words). This means that the WAVE
deck includes not only the 200 word parts but also 400 vocabulary words to
augment your English language studies.
Benefits of These Flash Card Decks
- 25% of the Purchase Price may be a Charitable Contribution, when purchased through your school, church, or other fund raising charity organization!
- Not one question/answer card duplicated in any of the decks.
- 102 Flash Cards per individual study deck.
- Write on the cards. Personalize them. Put your calculations or thoughts on them.
- Questions and Answers to representative questions in all GRE sections (except Reading Comprehension).
- Maximize your scores by following our many overall test tactics, as well as our individual section strategies.
- Use these cards to help your child prepare. Extend our included concepts and explanations to additional questions that you can more easily generate on your own, using our model cards.
- Use our cards in teacher-directed study, self-paced student study, or encourage pairs of students to test each other with the front/backs of our cards. You should also treat our concepts, techniques, explanations, and formulas as models for new study cards that can be easily generated by you on the fly.
Improve your answer selections with individual tips and techniques for these GRE Sections:
- Sentence Completions
- Standard Multiple Choice
- Quantitative Comparison
All of these GRE pages are copyright © 2008 by Oakwood Publishing Company