Resource Center for the TOEFL
TOEFL Test Prep Resource Center
Flash Card Study Decks for the
TOEFL - Design & Benefits
Flash Card Deck Design and Development
In all of our study decks, we made a careful analysis of overall TOEFL exams, including individual question types as well as distribution and quantity of those question types. We then constructed typical questions for each card, placing the sample question on the front side of the individual card. On the back side of each card, we placed the correct answer as well as a clear and detailed explanation of why it is the correct answer. In this explanation lies the unique value of these cards when compared to all other
TOEFL study aids. Our cards offer a compact approach to exemplifying, explaining, and teaching the fundamental concepts, structures, and techniques that students are expected to know on the
TOEFL. Each of our products represents a sound educational product which can significantly improve a student's likelihood of obtaining a higher score on the
- Structure and Written Expression Study Package of Cards
- We analyzed the nature of the sentence completion and written expression questions, and identified the most common
examples of both. Each card presents a typical question on the front, with the correct answer and an explanation on the back. In all cases, the answer side offers much more than just the answer, aiming to convey to the student the fundamental concept or verbal skill that underlies the question in the first place. Understanding each of these verbal question cards can be a giant step toward understanding any future question that employs the same basic type of question, whether sentence completion or
- Vocabulary Study Package of Cards
- Using all verbal question sections as the source, thousands of vocabulary words seen on TOEFL tests were identified, counted, and organized. The top 400 words specified by the author were then incorporated into this important deck of study cards. Each card contains four key vocabulary words on one side, with the other side of the card containing a definition, part of speech, and sample sentence for each word. This set of fundamental vocabulary words is probably the most important set of useful words that you can learn or study, for real life as well as for this standardized test!
- Word Architecture as a Vocabulary Enhancement (WAVE) Study Package of Cards
- This deck includes the most common 200 word parts (prefixes, suffixes, and
roots) on one side of each card. The reverse side of each card indicates what
kind of word part it is. It also contains a word part definition, and examples
of word that use that word part (along with definitions of these example
vocabulary words). This means that the WAVE deck includes not only the 200
word parts but 400 vocabulary words to augment your English language
Benefits of These Flash Card Decks
- 25% of the Purchase Price may be a Charitable Contribution, when purchased through your school, church, or other fund raising charity organization!
- Not one question/answer card duplicated in any of the decks.
- 102 Flash Cards per individual study deck.
- Write on the cards. Personalize them. Put your calculations or thoughts on them.
- Questions and Answers to representative questions in the key Structure and
Written Expression TOEFL sections.
- Maximize your scores by following our many overall test tactics, as well as our individual section strategies.
- Use these cards to help your child prepare. Extend our included concepts and explanations to additional questions that you can more easily generate on your own, using our model cards.
- Use our cards in teacher-directed study, self-paced student study, or encourage pairs of students to test each other with the front/backs of our cards. You should also treat our concepts, techniques, explanations, and formulas as models for new study cards that can be easily generated by you on the fly.
All of these pages are copyright © 2003 by Oakwood Publishing